The Care Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of care for the patient as well as being a resource for the physician and their staff. From the submission of a prescription; to the initial contact with the patient; with regular follow-ups required to coordinate delivery of medications and billing and collecting from the payer. The Care Coordinator works with the patient and coordinates with the team through the entire care continuum.
- 2+ years’ experience with medical/pharmacy insurance verification including benefit investigation
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid billing
- Experience with prior authorization and SMN preparation
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and judgment skills
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of claim appeals